15.5.16

Room 180



She wore blue velvet
Bluer than velvet was the night
Softer than satin was the light
From the stars


It's quite obvious that Blue Velvet has been my favourite song this month. I couldn't pick one so I thought I'd share three versions with you. 

During my complimentary one-night stay at the luxurious Marina Bay Sands hotel, I convinced Jing to join me on this 'staycation' and of course we had to take full advantage of the room's interior and perfect lighting situation. I had just returned to my room after a fancy cocktail party with my evening dress and decent makeup, thanks to my industrial strength mattifying spray by Urban Decay, and I was not going to let my efforts getting glam go to waste! 

Jing has an eye for invisible details which most people including myself would overlook. This looks like a planned photoshoot but in fact, it's amusing how we finished it in 15 minutes all whilst chatting and rummaging corners of the room for alternative light sources. 

I love everything about this series. Not only for the retro style furniture and wallpaper which are rarities in our modern city, but I felt like I was living in a Mad Men set. That meant a lot to me because Mad Men is my all-time favourite TV series. Oh, and my favourite characters would have to be Joan for her sass, Betty for wardrobe and Roger for his tasteful yet offensive wit. The captions were some quotes I took from the show. They make absolutely no sense but that's okay. 

I'm wearing a Covet by Love, Bonito dress, ZARA nude pumps, vintage Casio watch, Kate Spade bag and YSL lip stain in No. 2. Skincare products in courtesy of my current skin treatment provider The Wellness Clinic.


Photographed by Yun Jing & captioned by me.